When I was a little girl, my dad taped a piece of paper to the
mirror in my bathroom that said: "A
woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find
her."
This beautiful proclamation has become the longing of my
heart.
Each day I pray that I will become one step closer to being that
woman. I pray that I will become
so in love with our Lord that my heart will be completely buried in His. I hope
that when I enter into a romantic relationship, that it's with a man of God and
I hope that our main focus is to follow Jesus.
I aspire to possess the value of happiness when I am older.
Although, I hope I'm not the kind of happy that most people think that they want.
I desire the type of joy that comes from knowing that I'm a child of God.
When I'm older, I want to be the type of person that smiles at
random strangers while grocery shopping at Kroger. I hope that I'll live by the
principle of being 'a light in the darkness.'
I want to be someone who draws people closer to Christ. However, I
don't want to do it by discrediting what they believe in or by telling them how
wrong I think they are. Instead, I want to show them a light that is so lovely
that they want with all their hearts to know the source of it.
I hope to be someone that people go to for help whenever they need
it, and I pray that I will be the type of woman that drops whatever she is
doing to help them.
Above all though, when I'm older, I hope that I am a woman on her
path to sainthood, pleasing our Lord with every decision she makes and every
desire she has in her heart.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied." Matthew 5:6
No comments:
Post a Comment