Man, I've never liked Monday's. But, today might have been the worst one yet. My dad, who has been batting prostate cancer for about three years now, received news that confirmed my family's biggest nightmare. It has spread to his bones. And he has been given, at most, six years to live. While processing this news, I also got word that a boy I knew in high school has passed away after a horrific car accident.
I can't comprehend this suffering. I do not understand why Tim has passed away or why my dad has cancer. I don't have the answer to why Tim had to endure suffering and I definitely don't know what the outcome of my dad's suffering will be. But, I do know that the Lord is close to the broken-hearted and that He transforms our lives through suffering. To help us grow in compassion, empathy, and to simply widen our hearts so that we have a greater and greater capacity to love. To be more like Him.
I know one true source of consolidation that can be received is to live at the foot of the Cross of Christ, hand-in-hand with the Blessed Mother, learning what it means to suffer together with strength, hope, and joy. Now, I don't mean all smiles, laughter, and happy-go-lucky joy, but the true, deep abiding joy knowing that in times of need and in times of suffering, I am close to my Savior and He knows me and sees me. And whatever befall, He is still good.
I choose to believe that throughout this new phase of life for both Tim's family and mine, that Jesus will walk with us, He will comfort us, and He will make something beautiful out of this.
Please join my family and me in prayer as we being a 54-day rosary novena for the miraculous healing of my dad's cancer! Click HERE to find out how to pray it.
Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, pray for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment